On Friday we had a family party with the Judd's in from Las Vegas! It was so much fun. We went to the store and bought eight pumpkins. Eight. It was a crazy carving fest. There were guts everywhere which we, of course, baked into delicious snacks. Snacks we then consumed while playing card games until two in the morning. We had so many laughs as we talked in different accents, reminisced about the old days and while my cousin in law told us stories of his uncle who had a vitamin deficiency which made him hallucinate people, so he ignored everyone for a year cause he thought they weren't real. Then two of my cousins and I had a sleepover in the front room. And it was so weird because for the first time in my whole life, Keely wasn't there on the floor next to me! She and Brandon had their own room cause they're old married people now. We used to have epic cousin sleepovers with eight of us girls staying up late into the night giggling and chatting. Now, there are only four of us, soon to be three since Becky is engaged, that remain in that group. I missed my sister during the late night bonding time, not going to lie. Growing up is sad sometimes. Luckily, family is always there! Even though family dynamics change, the general experience remains the same. Thank goodness for that.
p.s. Since all of my Halloween festivities happened yesterday, for the most part, I am unashamedly listening to Sufjan Stevens Christmas music. Huzzah!
1 comment:
(Tear)I still think about that when I go to my grown-up and smelly basement bedroom. Love my man, hate to leave my girls.
And no I'm not reading all your posts right now
Post a Comment