Sunday, September 26, 2010

listen

I know I blog about music a lot. A lot a lot. But as Ludwig Van Beethoven smartly said, “Music is the one incorporeal entrance into the higher world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend.”
Sometimes music is the only thing that seems real. For example, today my roommate had an extremely hard hard thing happen to her. I've never seen her that shaken up and she's been through a lot in her life. We decided that we were going to go for a drive in the mountains to see the lovely fall leaves. I drove, she mandated our music. As soon as we got in the car and music started going an overwhelming sense of peace came over me. I wasn't even the person going through the problem, though I love her to death and thus it had effected me as well, and I felt at peace. This wasn't even church music but you know..feist, ingrid, matt costa etc, so it was suberb music...but still.
Music is great. And if you don't like your music because it has no musical structure at all (aka it's lame radio pop music) or if you do like your music but again it has no musical structure, I have a whole new world of wonderful to introduce to you to. You will wonder how you ever listened to the radio. seriously. good things, good things.

No comments: