Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Today at work I learned...


-When pointing and laughing is pursued by mean fourth grade boys while riding the laser, the only thing to do is stick out your tongue. That'll show them!

-That one of the few things that honestly gets me angry is when people declare passionate love or hate of something with no good reason behind it. For example if a certain co-worker says that he hates The Beatles and when you inquire why his only response is "Because". That is when I will go off on a rampage about how The Beatles have influenced the type of music that almost every single band today plays. Also don't even try to hit me with an "Elvis Presley influenced music more than The Beatles did." First, yeah he began rock and roll but The Beatles changed it into what it is now and has been the last forty-some odd years. Secondly, when was the last time that you listened to a song in your everyday life that reminded you of an Elvis Presley song over that of a Beatles song. Yeah, I win. I have more if you want them but I don't particularly want to make this rant go on longer. Luckily weed-eating is very cathartic when removing fuming rage from the body.

2 comments:

Totohiro said...

Elvis Pressley did jack squat for music. He gets credit for things Little Richard, Aretha Franklin, and Etta James did way before him, because he is white. Somebody needs to smack whoever this person is. No arguments, just a physical smack.

MissyJEE said...

i hate elvis presley.

and yes. a PHYSICAL smack.