Monday, November 19, 2012

My family went over to my Grandma's house yesterday for my brother's birthday. In the bathroom I see some bottles of essential oil sitting on the counter top. I had heard of the health qualities they presume to have. They are called essential after all,so they must have some positive use. So I pick the peppermint one up, remove the cap and drizzle a few drops down my throat. Instant pain. My throat is burning, eyes are watering, mouth drooling, knees sagging but I manage to find the tap through gasping convulsions and guzzle water.  All the while my family is sitting calmly, unaware of the stroke like symptoms being produced in the next room from the two drops of peppermint oil dropped down my throat. I return in a few minutes slightly abashed but with no indicators of the recent spasm, except a faint trace of peppermint lingering in the air as I pass by.

No comments: