Monday, September 24, 2012

so last year I lived in the lovely Hampstead apartments. It was social, had a fireplace, new carpet, a big kitchen and a horrible smell that started seeping in through the floor and walls about two months after we moved in. We washed the rugs we had bought from DI several times and sprayed the floor over and over with febreeze. But the smell kept coming back. Around that same time Ally and I bought a hampster. Our roommates started blaming poor Handsome for the stench, but Ally and I were sure there was more to the story. The months went by, Handsome's cage was kept clean and we vacuumed up any poop that fell out of his ball. The smell continued.
It came to our knowledge that there were a bunch of cats that lived under the stairs of the apartment. They were so cute with their rabid kittens sitting on our step. Ally and I would always joke about how the smell was actually coming from a couple of dead cats under the floor. It turns out WE WERE RIGHT!! They recently excavated the cat colony from under our apartments and they found three rotting cat carcasses right under our apartment! THREE!

I knew it. Yet my disgust cannot be expressed.

No comments: