Saturday, July 2, 2011

This week was a happy summer week. Monday Ally and I went to the pool for a few hours with Dan. It was great to be out in the sun and relaxing in the pool. Ally and I were trying to get Dan to come to the pool so we started do this "come hither" dance which sadly only creeped him out. I don't know why though, I mean we were only staring at him with sly smiles while moving our shoulders up and down with out hands out cupped and fingers waving. Okay, yeah I know why it creeped him out haha.
Then some guys from my ward invited us to a giant slip and slide over at Rock Canyon Park. It was crazy! Because of all the run off, the park has a river going through the bottom. Perfect for sliding into at the end of the 100 foot long tarp. I admit that I was the first one to get into the river due to my form that I had developed from previous experience..aka going down the slip and slide for Young Womens up at Huntsville with Brother Mckay. Good times. Of course, running into the river created the problem of mud and sticks and rocks getting all up in your grill and down your swimsuit. I was pulling weeds out of my hair for two days even after I had washed it. It was super duper grreat. Then my lovely friend Tressa came down to stay with me. It was great to see her and talk with her. I'm not fond of tons of people from high school but those I am I love dearly.
Fast forward to Friday. I was grumpy with Ally. She wanted to ride bikes and I wanted to go swimming. It's not often that we don't want to do the same thing, it was strange. So we compromised. Bike ride to the pool. There was this nasty, awkward couple there. HAhahaha they were kissing underwater but so that so she was on top of him the problem was is that they floated to the surface so her backside was floating on top like a dead persons while they made out. Not particularly hot. Ally and I had a hard time holding in the the laugh and the barf.
Surprisingly, even after seeing that we were hungry. The most wonderful idea came to me. Hot dogs over the fire. We headed to the store for supplies then back to my house to tie everything down to our bikes. For fire wood we broke some old fence posts into pieces that had been sitting under my stairs for evah. We tied everything down with floral wire that I had lying around and headed over to the park. We started the fire in one of those grill things with lots of newspaper, i mean LOTS of newspaper and one match. We talked for hours as we ate hot dogs and marshmallows. I have never tasted anything so delicious. Some other people had come to the park and were lighting illegal fireworks. It was a great show. By then it was like eleven so we headed home. On our way home we took a short cut through condo row where some people were watching Toy Story 3 on huge sheets raised on their building. They invited us to watch it as we rode by. We made friends, we were so proud haha. Go us for being friendly. We're trying to work on that :)
It was the perfect summer night. The perfect start to a holiday weekend.

No comments: