Prepare yourself for a monstrously long post celebrating two hundred posts and a thousand page views.
This weekend was lovely and interesting. It was Keely's birthday Saturday but we celebrated both hers and Moms because Moms was earlier in the week and only my parents and Keely were home. It was the perfect summer birthday celebration. We ate outside under the trees. Steak, baked potatoes and chocolate lush. Wow, I'm hungry right now haha.
Also I made a purse. Saturday night I stayed up until three thirty working on it. But it was okay because my family is cute and will stay up pretty late to support me and keep me company. Plus, we were watching Return of the King. I only had a little bit left of the trim and I decided that I could finish it in the morning but when I woke up it was magically finished! I love my Mom. Earlier that day my Mom had followed me around the fabric store as I picked out a whole different purse at the fabric store then came home and decided that wasn't really what the assignment was looking for. She then drove me to Home Depot, where the assignment said I should go, and helped me figure out the final purse. She unbelievably patient and loving. I hope to be as wonderful a Mom as she is someday.
Sunday morning I slept in until noon. Single ward was at one, fast Sunday. All day I felt so grateful for what the Lord has blessed me with. Then we came home to food at the table, always nice on fast Sunday. I started my 3d pattern assignment. I worked on it and worked on it. Then took a break to play with the neighbors German Shepard. She still kinda in puppy mode and is crazy. We played with the hose for like half an hour. It was hilarious. I would spin the stream of water around and she'd chase it like crazy. I was nice of course and let her frequently catch it wherein she'd frantically bite the water. Extremely entertaining. Then I went back inside and worked on the pattern assignment some more. My Dad was gracious enough to cut forty five degree angles into my wood as for my life I cannot cut a forty-five degree angle. My Dad and Keely stayed up me with me again pretty late keeping me company. I stayed up until four then slept for two hours at which my Mom woke me up so I could arrive back home in time for class. I was actually awake and in a really good mood. Amazing what naps can do:) for breakfast my Mom made me scrambled eggs and toast from homemade bread. I'm giving all these details because I never realized how good I had it at home until I moved away and had to make my own breakfast. The drive back to school was so peaceful. I had made a play list for summer earlier that week which ended up being perfect for a drive along legacy highway alongside a summer sunrise. Perfect.
Arriving back to school, sadly my final broke along the way. Honestly, even after all those hours and no sleep I didn't really care. It didn't turn out like I wanted and I knew I'd have to redo it anyways. I was in such a good mood, nothing could touch me. Or maybe is was a sleepless stupor, either way I was happy. It was great too. Another girl had to re-glue some of her project too before class. I ended up talking to her about graphic design. She's in that program and is just retaking some of the classes she got a bad grade in from when she did industrial design. i told her that I was pretty sure I wanted to do graphic design instead. She was wealth of knowledge. She gave me names and tips for the program. Since I took these ID classes i shouldn't have to take some of, if not all, of the pre-rec courses before applying. I am now meeting with the department head on Thursday to discuss my portfolio and options. If I'm lucky he might let me start the program in fall without even having to apply. That would be unbelievably amazing. The girl is even going to look over my portfolio with me before I show it to him so that I can present my best possible front. Pray it all works out! The Lord has given me so many blessings. Even when i don't deserve them. Speaking of things I don't deserve, my best friend Ally. She was so great last night to bring me food to the Snell building when I texted her I was dying haha. She then stayed until midnight and did chalking drawings while I finished up homework. Grrreat friend.
Today in class we showed our purses. I end up voted second place. yeah baby. That's right. it was so fun to look at all the purses all the guys made. They didn't do a bad job either. When they got up to present they all tried on their purse. So funny. Though my favorite was when the guy that made his out of washers of some kind put his on his head saying that is was a great defense mechanism in case you ran into a battle. I almost peed my pants laughing. Made my day. As did watching all the guys proudly wear their purses around campus as we took them to my professors office. They loved it.
Welp, tonight is going to be another long night. Actually all of them will be until Thursday. But then it will be bliss so it's worth it. Proud of you and slightly pitying if you made it through this mammoth post.
Ally got me obsessed with this song.
Also, Ally and I are putting together a package of love and fun for Yoseph. it's going to be the bast package a missionary has ever seen.
No comments:
Post a Comment