Wednesday, October 13, 2010

autumn thought.


I'm sure you have heard this song. It was extremely popular several weeks ago. If you haven't heard it, very unlikely, then maybe you should take a stroll down the street more often. Get a breath of fresh air. Listen to what is going on around you. I dunno, just an idea. Anyways...this man, K'naan, wrote in his album booklet some words I thought I'd share.

His thanks:
"WAR, Warlords, Immigration, Border Guards (I see you), Metro housing projects, Drive by shooters, Police, Correctional facilities, Financial institutions, Public schools, Case workers at Social Services, Depression, Anxiety, The month of October, Solitude, Girls who's hearts I broke, Girl who broke my heart, Bad songs on the radio, That same music video that's bee playing for 8 years, power-trippin' bouncers, Promoters and Stage Managers, Radio Programmers afraid to play my songs, Headliners afraid to follow my band, just fear in general. Aggression, Inequality, Division, Brutality, Ignorance, Greed, Corporate Journalism, Lies.

I would like to say thank you to all of the above, for forcing me to create. For making me fight harder. For giving me convictions. For enabling me to see uniquely. For showing me the value of humility, the bravery of patience. I am grateful for the pain which I've derived from you, the solitude I've extracted from the brutish sensibilities of life. Of course I can't forget Mr. And Mrs. Positive. It goes without saying that you are a big part of my being. But sometimes I wonder if you in your purest form aren't really just born out of the negative yourself. "

This song and his whole platform embraces all aspects of life, vile and pure alike, with so much positive energy. great.

As Keels would say it, "positives their faces off!" :)

No comments: